To educate, inspire and develop young leaders as the foundation for Iowa’s future economic growth and to encourage their on-going involvement in local communities and the state to create a better future for all Iowans.
Participants of the program will
- Learn about issues and opportunities to grow in Iowa.
- Enhance personal teamwork and leadership skills.
- Advance personal associations with other young leaders and Iowans of diverse opinions, academic disciplines, occupations and backgrounds.
- Develop positive change in organizations, communities and the state.
The program operates with the value of each student at its heart. A spirit of enthusiasm and responsibility will permeate each session and interaction. Behavior of all involved will be conducive to a work environment.
Further each individual's development through
- Instruction in group dynamics
- The practice of various communication and leadership styles
- Teamwork exercises, networking and group interaction
- Examination of values and ethics
- Emphasizing the importance of lifelong learning
Increase knowledge of the free enterprise system through
- Experiential exercises
- Informed discussions with Iowa leaders
Develop an understanding of workplace practices
- Understand the importance of individual and team contributions
- Foster an appreciation of creativity and innovative problem solving
Recognizing Iowa's assets and opportunities through
- Economic diversity
- Employment and entrepreneurial opportunities
- Quality of life
- Importance of corporate citizenship and volunteerism
- Awareness of opportunities available in Iowa
Pre and post assessments will be used. Also, a longitudinal study of the participants over a five-year period will be implemented.